ENGLISH: pattydoo tutorial - zippered pouch "Susie"
Welcome to pattydoo my dear English speaking sewing fans. I'll try something new and present my first English blog article.
This is pattydoo's first English post!! Many passionate sewers from overseas and even as far as South America have asked me repeatedly whether I am able to do English versions of my sewing video tutorials. Now with a little help from my friends Liz and Linda it's finally happened! To start things off we're going to make the beloved zippered 'Susie' pouch.
But first of all a few facts about me and my blog:
Off to your Machines - that is the motto of pattydoo! My name is Ina, from Berlin. I am a trained seamstress and clothing technician and I love to share my sewing knowledge with you. On my blog you will find tons of inspirations, tips & tricks for sewing as well as patterns for big & small. With my video tutorials you can sew along with me, everything from a bag to a t-shirt.
Zippered Pouch "Susie"
If you know how to sew a zipper, then the bag will be no problem for you to make but it is easy enough for even a beginner. You will need:
- 4 different fabrics (top piece, bottom outer fabric, box pleats, lining)
- 1 zipper, size 8 inches (measured between zipper beginning and end)
- alternative: endless zipper cut 8 3/4“
- If you wish a bit more stiffness in your bag, you can use a fusible fleece (e. g. Pellon #987F) but it is not necessary since the box pleats & sewn corners add volume.
- pattern, please click below:
A 3/8” seam allowance is already included in the pattern pieces. If you have any questions, you can gladly write me and maybe you wanna check my 'Susie'-pinboard on Pinterest. Can't wait to pin your 'Susies' from all over the world! Happy Sewing, Ina p. s. Here you can find another sewing video with english subtitles and a sewing pattern for a cute cell phone pouch.