This is pattydoo’s first English post!! Many passionate sewers from overseas and even as far as South America have asked me repeatedly whether I am able to do English versions of my sewing video tutorials. Now with a little help from my friends Liz and Linda it’s finally happened! To start things off we’re going to make the beloved zippered ‘Susie’ pouch. But first of all a few facts about me and my blog:
Off to your Machines – that is the motto of pattydoo!
My name is Ina, from Berlin. I am a trained seamstress and clothing technician and I love to share my sewing knowledge with you. On my blog you will find tons of inspirations, tips & tricks for sewing as well as patterns for big & small. With my video tutorials you can sew along with me, everything from a bag to a t-shirt.
Zippered Pouch “Susie”
„Susie“ is an adorable small pouch with a zipper and fancy box-pleats.
I will show you how to sew this zippered pouch which you can use e.g as a make-up bag in my step-by-step video-tutorial.
If you know how to sew a zipper, then the bag will be no problem for you to make but it is easy enough for even a beginner.
You will need:
- 4 different fabrics (top piece, bottom outer fabric, box pleats, lining)
- 1 zipper, size 8 inches (measured between zipper beginning and end)
- alternative: endless zipper cut 8 3/4“
- If you wish a bit more stiffness in your bag, you can use a fusible fleece (e. g. Pellon #987F) but it is not necessary since the box pleats & sewn corners add volume.
- pattern, please click below:
A 3/8” seam allowance is already included in the pattern pieces.
If you have any questions, you can gladly write me and maybe you wanna check my ‘Susie’-pinboard on Pinterest. Can’t wait to pin your ‘Susies’ from all over the world!
p. s. Here you can find another sewing video with english subtitles and a sewing pattern for a cute cell phone pouch.